Sunday, March 15, 2015

Wind!

So this week brought on lots of decisions/changes for me. Last weekend I sold my 2H BP to upgrade for camping this year. I found another trailer, but waiting to make sure everything is in working order before finalizing and offer. I've seen it, but it hadn't been de-winterized yet so that is next on the list.

I also decided to scratch going to Leatherwood at the end of the month.  Tesla and I just have not had enough riding time together. We are still working our way through finding a bit that works on trails for us too.  I'm too chicken to try a s-hack yet :P but soon we will give it shot around the arena then out on trail.

So today instead of a longer conditioning ride I drug Amanda away from her work to get her greenie Stryder out with us.   Did not go as planned!  I brought Tesla in who was severely agitated by the wind but settled down and we got through grooming... Yay for spring shedding!  Went to put the saddle on and had quite a bit of trouble standing still. So rather than be squashed into a wall, I took him out into the arena and let him work out his wiggles.  He is a very pretty mover!  I waited in the middle of the arena while he ran himself silly...saw a very pretty floaty trot, slides into the fence line, Arab head tosses and snorts :)  Took about 5min or so then he came trotting up to me and stopped.  Lunged him a few circles to make sure we were on the same page now and went back in to put the saddle on.

Amanda and I were a little worried we might not make it past ground work today, but she lunged Stryder and then we rode them in the arena a few minutes.  All was well and they settled down so we headed out on the trails.  They both did well even with all the crazy wind around us. In the woods it wasn't as bad, but through the open fields it was impossible to hear anything but the whistling in my helmet!   So today was mostly about walking and mental work with a little trotting in the woods.  Despite how we started out, it was a good training day in the end!

No pictures today, needed to be at the ready for any issues (which we didn't have). More reasons I need to get a go-pro/or type camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment