Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Picking up the pieces

I've had a good few weeks. A small funk on Sunday as while I was joyful in reading all about my friends at Biltmore and seeing pictures of the ride, it hit me again... We were supposed to be there.

I love my husband and kids and live for them, but feel like I've lost a piece of my soul. Riding, working with my horse, getting the small wins, being "one", feeling the wind, surveying the trails... It is really hard to explain, but my fellow horse friends understand that intangible and indescribable thing I am talking about. Even not to ride for endurance and have distance goals in mind, but just to be riding a horse you love...

The painting of Traveler hanging
I have decided that I want to put a painting of Tesla on the same wall that holds Traveler's. Doug had a painting made for my birthday years ago (well before I lost him) that hangs in our TV area downstairs.  So now I find myself studying pictures of Tesla and searching for that perfect one that captures his essence.  His playful nature, his kind eye, his majestic stance and movement. I smile at them and I watch the videos...in awe of his beauty and grateful for the time I had with him.

In the spirit of rising from the ashes (FB quiz told me I'm a Phoenix), I have been pursuing a gelding of interest as my next partner. The vet check was supposed to happen Tuesday afternoon, but a cluster of events forced us to reschedule and it is now scheduled for Thursday the 19th.  Another week to wait and see!  I'm hopeful, I don't have any reason to believe he won't pass vetting, but I have to be sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment