Friday, July 8, 2016

red, white, and BLUE

Hope everyone had a safe & happy 4th of July.  My weekend started early and a bit rough with the youngest having 105 fever Friday and a culture test showing Strep (by the time that came back she was fine tho and it wasn't one they typically treat).  We enjoyed the cooler weekend weather and a family day on Sunday with Legacy Church at a 'retreat' type location that included games, tie-dying shirts, swimming and hot dogs & smores over a bonfire.  Fortunately, it was close enough to home that we took a little break to lay around in the afternoon for the kids.  Monday was pretty rainy here, but we did get out to do some sparklers before bed.  Could hear fireworks, so nothing was cancelled it seems.



I know it has been a few weeks since my last post.   Prophecy has been getting his tune-up, and I'm planning to finally ride him myself next week :)  So my time with him has mainly been spent dealing with his feet, and trying out tack colors! lol... oh, and back measurements, etc for saddles.

Thursday night though, he got some royal treatment with a check from Sarah at Hands Hooves Hearts Equine Massage Therapy.  She worked with Tesla to help us through his back and wither soreness in addition to the chiro work.
Overall Prophecy looked good. A few sensitive spots where we expected them in the back end due to some mishandling of his back feet at one point I was informed about.  We'll work on those areas, as well as the left front shoulder stretching.  Sarah is great and teaches me how to work on the horses so that I can do massages more often between her visits.  It really helped Tesla and he enjoyed it immensely.  Prophecy seemed to take to it too, as I had massaged him on my own already before she came, to get a feel for him.  We'll make it a point to have Sarah out as we get further into conditioning together and keeping him feeling good.  I've also got a call into the chiro to put him on the schedule. He isn't in our area often so want to make sure we get a chance to start him out in a good frame of body and mind.

On to the color fun!  I have been playing in MS Paint a ton and working with the wonderful ladies of Beta Tack and Trail Blazers Tack to come up with the right color for Prophecy in his tack.  The gray of his face kept me from feeling that Tesla's tack was a good color on him.
In the end, I put it back on him with a different halter underneath and I think we are good :)
Now to design a halter for under the snap on bridles (I have one set up like this with an S-hack and another with a regular bit and Zuni band overlay from Taylored Tack in the same Blue) for when I don't want to use a rope halter under...and decide if we get a new matching breast collar, or find a way to tie the blue of the bridle to the reflective royal on the BC I have.




Prophecy is doing pretty well in his tune ups, though he has definitely decided that being caught isn't always fun, and his patience for the foot treatments wears thin some days.  And he now runs off to the herd as opposed to hanging with me when we're done... looking forward to riding soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment